While the role of a litigation lawyer can vary, many business litigation lawyers would highly recommend consulting an attorney when it comes to contracts. In essence, it’s a good idea to hire a business litigation lawyer any time you prepare to enter into an agreement or if you would like to protect yourself against future dispute. Below are a few common reasons to hire a California Business litigation lawyer regarding a contract. You should hire business litigation lawyer if:
• You're entering into an agreement and would like to draw up a contract.
• You want to have a contract reviewed before signing or having it signed by someone.
• You have already signed a contract and would like it enforced.
• You find yourself in a dispute over a contract.
• You're buying/selling a business, or signing a commercial lease.
• You'd like to draw up or dispute an employment contract.
These are all instances where it is important to consult with a California business litigation lawyer. A contract is defined as an agreement entered into voluntarily by two or more parties to create a legal obligation, which may have elements in writing, though contracts can be made orally. The remedy for breach of contract can be "damages" or compensation of money. Oftentimes, a dispute can occur due to an unclear contract, which is why it's important to have an attorney review the contract and make sure both parties understand the components before it's signed by either party. An ideal way to avoid any type of contract dispute is to hire an attorney to help you write the contract.